Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My worst nightmare...


Today I spilled red nail polish on my brand new denim pencil skirt. You can probably imagine how pissed off I was, considering that it was the first time I wore the skirt, and the skirt is irreplaceable since it was the last one in the store. Knowing that nail polish remover would most likely lighten my dark denim I scoured the internet and found a few discussion boards recommending bug spray. Skeptical, but desperate, I tried it, and it actually worked! I then immediately washed the skirt and am pleased to say that all traces of nail polish are gone, with no denim lightening. I've heard this also works on light-coloured fabrics. Thank you, internet, for coming to my rescue, yet again!

Note: Don't throw clothes in the drier until you're sure that the stain has been successfully removed - the heat will set the stain! Incidentally, I never put my dark denim in the drier, because it wears it out faster and fades the colour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.